Forum.nieśmiałość.net
Dobra strona wszystkich, którzy odczuwają nieśmiałość

English Forum - What's going with this section

Marti - 19 Lipiec 2011, 21:04
Temat postu: What's going with this section
In this section you can write on any subjects in English. Computer Science, shyness, trivia and many more (offtop ?). This time in English.

Posts / threads in the Polish language will be removed or transferred to other departments on this board.

If you are a foreigner or a foreign person this forum is for you, too. especially if you do not know Polish.

PS: Kamil, korekta. Albo napisz po swojemu najlepiej, prędzej ktoś cos zrozumie:P

alkohol to zło - 19 Lipiec 2011, 21:09

Martinnn napisał/a:
PS: Kamil, korekta. Albo napisz po swojemu najlepiej, prędzej ktoś cos zrozumie:P

no, I'm ashamed :(

Marti - 19 Lipiec 2011, 21:13

alkohol to zło napisał/a:
no, I'm ashamed :(

Why? Don't be shy.

Adik - 19 Lipiec 2011, 21:34

Martin napisał/a:
It's in Polish. Can I remove this sentence? :D
Marti - 19 Lipiec 2011, 21:49

Cytat:
It's in Polish. Can I remove this sentence? :D

You can. First post is okay?

twisted - 19 Lipiec 2011, 22:16

I believe that the description of this section which we can see on the homepage should be changed a bit. The adjective "polish" should be capitalized, also "if you want to practice your language" sounds sligthly odd to me.

Apart from that, it's great to see that Marti decided to give it a try and add the English-only section to this forum. :)

Marti - 19 Lipiec 2011, 22:21

twisted napisał/a:
Apart from that, it's great to see that Marti decided to give it a try and add the English-only section to this forum. :)

That's Kamil____/alkohol to zło's idea.

twisted - 19 Lipiec 2011, 22:27

I know, and bless him for that, but you were the one who actually implemented it, weren't you? :)
Marti - 19 Lipiec 2011, 22:30

twisted napisał/a:
I know, and bless him for that, but you were the one who actually implemented it, weren't you? :)

Yup. But I don't know English, so ...

ShySe - 19 Lipiec 2011, 23:13

As an administrator, I'm obliged to remind you that swearing at this forum is forbidden, as stated by the 4th point of the regulation, which applies to this section accordingly. Please, don't use curses, neither English nor Polish ones. Breaking this rule will result in warnings or post deletions as it does at any other part of this site.

ShySe

alkohol to zło - 19 Lipiec 2011, 23:34

I didn't really mean anything like that... I was thinking about something like Hydepark in English where I could swear etc.. and I didn't think you'd put it on the main page.
elo_breko - 19 Lipiec 2011, 23:39

Thiz section iz very good idea ma shy nigga. Now I can communicate wid chicks from whole world.
ShySe - 19 Lipiec 2011, 23:43

Officially you can't swear in Hydepark anyway. The administrators tolerate it to some degree as a customary exception when they are in a good mood and there's a full moon.

ShySe

Adik - 20 Lipiec 2011, 16:28

Martin napisał/a:
You can. First post is okay?
However I see, that it is cited, so I won't :P .

The first post is quite fine :) .

Vroo - 20 Lipiec 2011, 17:08

You can however swear in a language the administrator does not recognize. My friend Arek (Alternate View) knows a couple of great swearwords in Arabic. ;-)
Paluszek - 20 Lipiec 2011, 23:58

Vroo napisał/a:
You can however swear in a language the administrator does not recognize.

Let me help you. Here you can find plenty of swearing in any language you like: http://www.youswear.com/ Enjoy!

ShySe - 21 Lipiec 2011, 00:02

Vroo napisał/a:
You can however swear in a language the administrator does not recognize.

Yet there always is a risk that one of us actually do. You never know what languages someone speaks unless you get to know him closer. A couple of years ago, I learned a language one could hardly expect a Pole to be any familiar with.

Vroo napisał/a:
My friend Arek (Alternate View) knows a couple of great swearwords in Arabic.

But he is a Muslim. Are Muslims allowed to swear by their own religion?

ShySe

ShySe - 21 Lipiec 2011, 00:08

Quotation headings are in Polish. It looks pretty funny.

ShySe

Vroo - 21 Lipiec 2011, 00:10

ShySe napisał/a:
A couple of years ago, I learned a language one could hardly expect a Pole to be any familiar with.

If it's not ADA or COBOL, so what it can be? Swahili?

ShySe napisał/a:
Vroo napisał/a:
My friend Arek (Alternate View) knows a couple of great swearwords in Arabic.

But he is a Muslim. Are Muslims allowed to swear by their own religion?

Only when Allah does not hear and see them. For instance when they use keyboard as Allah does not spy the net. This also applies for drinking alkohol (in cups or dark glasses).

Vroo - 21 Lipiec 2011, 00:12

ShySe napisał/a:
Quotation headings are in Polish. It looks pretty funny.

That's a challenge for Martinn - this (and only this) forum could use English template. ;-)

ShySe - 21 Lipiec 2011, 00:29

Vroo napisał/a:
If it's not ADA or COBOL, so what it can be? Swahili?

In COBOL, you generally can do nothing but swear, yet what I meant was a perfectly natural human language.

ShySe

ShySe - 21 Lipiec 2011, 00:44

Vroo napisał/a:
ShySe napisał/a:
Are Muslims allowed to swear by their own religion?

Only when Allah does not hear and see them. For instance when they use keyboard as Allah does not spy the net.

Cannot Allah see the words they type on their own screens?

ShySe

Alternate View - 21 Lipiec 2011, 07:45

السلام عليكم

(I meant 'Hello').

Let's me explain it a bit.
Allah sees everything. But sometimes he prefers to see something over something else. Now my beautiful wife Salima is taking a shower and there are no pictures more more beautiful. So Allah would not bother peeking at what I'm typing because he may see much better things just behind the wall.
And that's the secret.

twisted - 21 Lipiec 2011, 11:21

Shyse, where you referring to someone's comment in particular or did you just want to remind us that swearing is prohibited in general? Because I wonder if I missed something interesting. :)
ShySe - 21 Lipiec 2011, 22:27

I was just for prevention purposes.

ShySe

paryzmoskwa - 1 Sierpień 2011, 20:26

ShySe napisał/a:
I was just for prevention purposes.

ShySe
Keep it safe, kids, keep it clean.