Dobra strona wszystkich, którzy odczuwają nieśmiałość

FAQFAQ  SzukajSzukaj  UżytkownicyUżytkownicy  GrupyGrupy
RejestracjaRejestracja  ZalogujZaloguj  RSS

Poprzedni temat «» Następny temat
I ask for advice
Autor Wiadomość
Sheena 

Wysłany: 18 Październik 2012, 19:57   I ask for advice

Hey, I have a little problem. I am at 3rd year of English Philology and in few weeks time I have to make my final decision about the topic of my licencjat project.

I've come up with the list of three possible topics. Here they are:

1.The differences between American and British higher educational system
2.The function of Americans' military service Afghanistan
3.The political and social changes after the attack on WTC

There is my question: Which topic do you like most and to which topic there are so many printed/ online resources ?

Wampirzyca 

Pomogła: 4 razy
Wysłany: 20 Październik 2012, 18:08   

I like the first one best but that's probably because I'm a teacher so educational systems do concern me, and, what is more, I would not be willing to write about Afghanistan issues or terrorist attacks... Anyway, the first one sounds like the 'safest' choice, while the second one may be the most controversial but also interesting at the same time. Still, I feel the first topic should be phrased in a diferrent way because now it sounds more like a topic for a longer essay, not licencjat ;) Obviously, it all depends on how you elaborate on the topic but if I were you, I would compare British OR American educational (not necessarily only higher educational) system with educational systems of a few other countries (you can write about mutual or one-sided influence etc. I mean - do not focus on a sharp discrepancy: Br versus Am).

I think you can write a lot on your 3rd topic but it's contemporary history so you have to follow these social and political changes day by day in detail... (that's why I would rather write about some events from a distant past ;) )

I have no idea when it comes to the number of printed/online resources. http://www.questia.com/ is okay if you have a credit card.

My advice: go for something that really interests you. You'd be more involved in writing then :)

Sheena 

Wysłany: 29 Październik 2012, 21:43   

Thank you very much for your response... I think that I will write on the third topic :)

Wampirzyca 

Pomogła: 4 razy
Wysłany: 31 Październik 2012, 16:30   

Good luck!

Odpowiedz do tematu